Thousands of area residents will arrive at the doorstep of emergency shelters this year, forced from their homes by deepening poverty. You can help our struggling neighbors rebuild their lives by joining the movement from homeless to home.
Help struggling neighbors stay housed
- More than 3,000 children experience homelessness each year – right here in our community.
- Do you have a safe place to sleep tonight? 1,000 people in our community don’t.
- Give a family the opportunity to experience the same stability your family has.
From Homeless to Home is a community-wide campaign to find permanent homes for men, women and children experiencing homelessness in central Ohio. You can join the movement from homeless to home by becoming a Housing Hero – no cape required. Give $30 a month – just $1 a day on your credit card.
By signing up today, you’ll receive a cool Housing Hero t-shirt courtesy of our friends at Print Syndicate. #homelesstohome
Money and materials raised during the campaign support Community Shelter Board programs that move people out of homelessness and into secure and affordable housing as quickly as possible.
Community Shelter Board is a collective impact organization leading our community’s response to homelessness in Columbus and Franklin County. CSB makes an impact in three ways:
- Collaborating to bring together diverse organizations to work as an efficient system, rather than as a fragmented set of resources
- Employing an outcome-based funding model that measures performance, monitors programs’ success, and assures the system’s effectiveness as a whole
- Combining innovative solutions and best practices with time-tested strategies to implement programs that quickly and stably house people in crisis.
Our programs serve over 12,000 people a year.
Homelessness has risen over the last four years.